Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

jonasbn (1153)

jonasbn
  reversethis-{gro.napc} {ta} {nbsanoj}
http://e-diot.dk/
AOL IM: BJonasN (Add Buddy, Send Message)

Perl Programmer located in Copenhagen, Denmark. Active member of Copenhagen Perl Mongers.

Author of:

  • Business::DK::CPR
  • Business::DK::CVR
  • Business::DK::PO
  • Business::OnlinePayment::CashCow
  • Date::Holidays
  • Date::Holidays::Abstract
  • Date::Holidays::Super
  • Date::Pregnancy
  • Games::Bingo
  • Games::Bingo::Bot
  • Games::Bingo::Print
  • Module::Info::File
  • Module::Template::Setup
  • Test::Timer

and maintainer of:

  • Tie::Tools
  • XML::Conf
  • Workflow

Journal of jonasbn (1153)

Monday February 16, 2004
06:45 AM

RT3 Translation

[ #17433 ]

I am close to finishing my translation of the RT3 system to danish:

I started out making a strict translation, but for some weird reason it does not seem right:


File: da.po
                terms: 1111 (1110)
                translations: 229
                missing: 882

So I have decided to make two translations. I copied my work and started on a more loose translation aswell.

The strict translation, holds a translation of everything and the loose one keeps certain terms in english (this seem to be the way people prefer RT3). The translation is first made in the loose version and the I run a script, which will take care of the final translations.


File: da_loose.po
                terms: 1111 (1110)
                translations: 670
                missing: 441

Final thing I need to do is, make sure I am compatible with the latest RT3 version, since I started just after the RT3 release.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • if you run the extract_message_catalog tool with your existing da.po in place, it will update it with all the expected strings ;) (BTW, Cool! Thanks!)