Well, it's been a week and half into my two week time window of making the insurance company happy. Luckily for me, I hit 339.7 yesterday morning. I was at 346/7 when I started, and needed to hit 342.
Heavy sigh of relief. Next goal 330 on my way to 300. And I feel better. Most of that is probably attitude, but I'll take it.
What I did was this:
1. Changed my overeating from normal foods to mostly fruit/veggies. You can't get fat on those. Just can't happen for a non diabetic.
2. Half my bread/pasta intake. Don't avoid them completely, just eat less when I have it.
3. (2) 15 minute power walks during the work breaks (120 Steps Per Minute), which is hauling for a long legged 6'4" guy.
4. Nightly 10-15 minute bike time in the house, uptempo most week nights.
5. No non fruit sugars: candy bars, ice cream, shakes, coke, icing, etc.
That's about it. All in all, it's still a lazy lifestyle, but with some exercise in it.
I have designated the last day of each month as 'eat bad things' day. I hear pizza calling my name this month.