My brain hurts. I have to move one of our largest Expect applications to another server. It was written before I knew how to make something easy to install on multiple hosts, and long before I knew about Expect.pm. The new host can't rsh to all the systems this program needs to get to, so I have to rework several places in the code to telnet instead. Which means reading passwords from files. Which means parsing files in TCL. Shoot me.
Oh, and TCL/Expect syntax seems to have left me over the last 12 months or so. I spent an hour and a half or so yesterday trying to debug my telnet subroutine code, which worked fine on its own but failed when I put it in a subroutine. Turns out spawn sets the spawn_id variable, which is not global.
Don't just shoot me, throw a brick at my head.