Okay, finally yesterday I got the entire framework for the app server written. It was kind of cool really, because it sort of bootstrapped itself over time. I wrote the basic plug-in framework, and a plug-in to edit the plug-in list, and then it all fell in to place. There are still a few nagging issues that I want to get over before I release it, but it is very close. For instance, as it stands the config code needs to cache its data a bit more intelligently to reduce disk io. But I've figured out a fun way to do that with singletons (using the singleton mechanism that came in a previous journal) so the first release of OpenFrame should be coming soon, with plug-ins for Template::Toolkit and HTML::Template, as well as a couple of example applications, a config builder, and lots of other fun stuff.
Its built with the concept of running multi-lingual/multi-national sites on it, and with SOAP and Web Services in mind from the ground up (or the sky down perhaps).
Maybe I should write some documentation too
Anyway, today I'm off to Eastbourne to see the sea. Work on my (ha ha) tan. Should be a bit of a laugh.