My new notebook for work (IBM T41) is now running Fedora Core 2. I was attempting to update Test::Harness and kept running into a problem with one of the tests (test-harness.t test #40). Which is a known issue but for some reason I decided to find the cause. I didn't find it, but spent too long looking. Hopefully I'll be able to look again.
On a RedHat Enterprise Server v3, I've been trying to install CPANPLUS. There were a number of different errors that I looked through but wound up looking at the Makefile. The Makefile is a mess. Unmatched quotes, half a directive on one line, the rest as the value for another. Really weird. I have more to look into there too but it might be pointless as we might rebuild with Fedora Core 2 as we are not happy with RHES.