The other day, I needed a feature in DBD::Pg that didn't exist. I'd asked on the mailing list to be sure that I hadn't missed anything, and sure enough what I was looking for hadn't been done. I started writing a patch that would allow me to do what I wanted. I sent off the patch to one of the authors that I'd been introduced to for comments, to which he quickly replied. I was wrapped up with my day job, and after a couple of days I got back to following the recommendations, however just as I started, a posting to the mailing list indicated that my feature request had been incorporated into the latest CVS. My patch no longer required.
Today Andy [use.perl.org] announced Test::WWW::Mechanize (yay!). I was also working on a module that would provide similar features. Once again, moving too slow.