...isn't as easy a task as I thought it would be. Especially if you're doing it across tables.
My initial attempt really didn't work so well. Looking through the Cheetah I was thinking subqueries might be the way. Unfortunately MySQL has no such thing just yet, at least in the stable version, 3.x, I'm using.
So I settled on using two searches (if needed). If two searches were needed then I took the intersection of the two sets, otherwise I just took the results from whatever search was performed.
I also had to put in a filter so that the results found were appropiate to the person viewing them. This is for a ticketing type of system so only customers should only be to see results pertinent to them or their customers.
Well, that was the biggest bit of coding today, basically rewriting code I wrote yesterday. You gotta love how the better idea comes to your after a user finds defects in it and you figure out to fix it.
Well, tomorrow is sort of a thinking day. I need to read some manuals and do some planning for a couple of other projects. Woo. Hoo. Beats being unemployed I suppose.