Well, I'm back at home again and it's nice.
The only downside is that I think I need to go back to the office.
Being the dumbass that I am I thought the reason that I couldn't reach the company web page was a DNS problem. I let it sit on the back burner for a few hours. Then I thought, "What if I didn't restart apache when I moved the box to it's finally resting place?" Wouldn't you know it. What a fucking moron I am.
Well, with that little puzzled solved I started whacking away at getting to the authentication bit of the web app. Made a few changes and voila! My next problem was figuring out why SSL wasn't working. The port was getting forwarded. I did start apache with ssl enabled. The damn conf file has it listening to port 443. I finally checked the ssl_engine log and it seems that the hostname is in conflict with what the certificate says it should be.
So I am currently reading up on the ssl docs to see what I need to do (I'm guessing either renaming the box or create a new certificate).
Other than that it's nice to be working from home again.
I also need to sit down and figure out how to use all the cool features that apache has available to me to make my app better (persistent dbi connection, authentication and session mgmt, etc). Should be a fun weekend.