After posting for
Day 6, Tene and I realized that
instructions section of the metadata spec needed to change -- the original "design" didn't survive actual implementation. While I made the necessary
Tene++ worked on several iterations of an HTTP fetcher in pure PIR.
Today we made heady progress. Two days ago, we only had basic fetching half-working. Today Plumage was able to coax its first project all the way from fetch through configure, build, test, and install!
darbelo++ wins the project prize as his decnum-dynpmcs project (support for decimal arithmetic in Parrot) was the first successful Plumage install. Close and Blizkost didn't quite make it -- Close has failing tests (which Plumage currently refuses to ignore), and Blizkost wouldn't build on my machine, though it's not clear if this was a problem with Plumage or with Blizkost itself.
There's definitely still a huge amount of work left to be done, but today marks a major milestone nonetheless. Plumage is doing a very important piece of the job it was designed for, and I'm feeling pretty proud of the progress so far.
As always, you can check out the code at the
Parrot Plumage repository,
and don't hesitate to ping me on IRC -- I'm
irc.parrot.org. If you'd like to join the effort, read the
README for the general overview, then come to
#parrot to get your questions answered!