I've started to dabble a bit with mod_perl 2.0 by creating a port of
turns out that after a small learning curve it wasn't too hard.
serves an output filter, and the new
API is much cleaner and straightforward than the old
model. the only thing that bugs me right now is that you have to
tons of classes explicitly in order to access the various request object methods. but I guess that will change in time or we'll just get used to it.
at any rate, the new (beta, still incomplete, etc)
can be found here
. I've tried to set it up so that the code is instructional, so maybe it can serve as a starting point for those wanting to play with the latest stuff.