well, after a few weeks of hard work, I managed to (finally) get that mod_perl 2.0 article over to Simon. Along with the article is a new release
, which stemmed from all the research that I did for the article.
I really have to hand it to Stas. At first, I asked him to just review the article. Then we got into a converstation about whether it was time to start writing about mod_perl 2.0 yet. Then we got into a discussion about the nuances of output filters. Then he griped a bit about how an important part (to him) of the API wasn't finished yet, then I griped a bit about how it was working fine but an important part (to me) wasn't finished yet. When it was all over, I had a (reasonably) accurate understanding of how things needed to work and finished the article. Stas went on to update the documentation
based on the different parts of the API we flushed out over the course of the conversation. Overall, the article probably will increase his (already stretched) mod_perl workload significantly, but he didn't seem to mind, which is just like him.
many kudos to Stas.
meanwhile, now that there is an example of a mod_perl output filter (one that really works, anyway) on CPAN, hopefully people will see how powerful mod_perl can be. I keep getting a kick when
discussions pop up on new-httpd
- if only they saw how easy it is to do that with Perl.