Since I've installed 10.3 I've been unable to install modules because MakeMaker would complain about missing headers. A note from schwern pointed me at the BSD SDK which I installed. All the developer tools are on the Xcode Tools CD which I ignored because I didn't care about Xcode. Then I got a strange error which I then thought I found the solution from pudge for, but my gcc_select didn't support gcc 3.3. More Googling found help from Dan which pointed me in the right direction. It seems if you upgrade to 10.3 you need to reinstall the Developer Tools but Apple aren't nice enough to point that out (or I missed it somewhere). After 20 mins of my iBook's cdrom squeaking and 200 meg of stuff installed and my hard drive optimized and all that fun stuff, I had a working Perl. Hooray!