I am eventually back to being remarkably productive. Short before my partition-deletion I received a bug-report about a segmentation fault in
File::Locate, triggered when the module was facing an slocate-database. At that time, I didn't even know about slocate at all so I had a look at it. It has a very similar structure as locate from GNU's findutils (the same ugly and messy coding style) so it wasn't too hard to teach the module to work with those files as well. In order to unify the interface, I was forced to allow POSIX regex searches against locate-databases, something that plain locate(1L) does not allow.
Also, I received a report from a Mac OS X user who had some subtles problems with
Mail::MboxParser. I learnt that Mac OS X apparently stores files utf-8 encoded and hence I had to add an option to encode attachment names appropriately.
And finally, I downloaded again the APC repository so that I can again fully participate on firstname.lastname@example.org and make patches.