Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

ethan (3163)

ethan
  reversethis-{ed. ... rap.nov.olissat}

Being a 25-year old chap living in the western-most town of Germany. Stuying communication and information science and being a huge fan of XS-related things.

Journal of ethan (3163)

Monday February 16, 2004
05:37 AM

The patch that never ends

[ #17432 ]

For more than a week I am now trying to get a patch right that will fix the GLOB to LVALUE assignment bug that tormented
Perl5 ever since. My initial attempt only addressed a problem relating to tied elements and I learnt from Dave Mitchell that the problem was more general.

So I sent a draft that addressed the issue at its roots. Dave approved and asked to include some tests as well which I then did.

However, Yitzchak spotted a small omission in my patch and suggested to rearrange the Perl types. This old saying that it takes 10% of the time to solve 90% of the task and 90% to fix the remaining 10% is obviously very true.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.