Oops, I made perl segfault. All I was trying to do was assign a closure (which in turn calls another closure, which
The only reason I needed to assign my code to a typeglob is because I need a subroutine name so I can use it to
sort by. It would really help if
sort would take a subroutine reference but it doesn't it takes a block or a subroutine name. Grump.
Interestingly, if I twiddle things around a little bit, (eg adding a completely unrelated Data::Dumper::Dumper call) the segfault is sometimes there sometimes not. Sometimes I get "panic: memory wrap", sometimes a segfault, sometimes both, and sometimes "Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at
* I've got no particular reason for that, other than the usual paranoia about