Over the last couple of days I've gone through three iterations of Number::Phone, making it a shitload faster (thanks to DBM::Deep becoming friendly with the DATA filehandle) and also consuming far less memory. I also added location data for UK numbers, and created and destroyed a few bugs
I decided to break that location data into two parts. There's some basic data for area codes bundled with Number::Phone. But area codes cover lots of exchanges and potentially very large geographic areas, so I also created Number::Phone::UK::DetailedLocations. Trouble is, the database for that is 35MB uncompressed, 7MB compressed. Adding that to the already bloaty Number::Phone (16MB uncompressed, 2MB compressed) seemed unreasonable, hence the seperate module.
I may not have the most packages on CPAN, but I expect I've got the biggest!