Tuesday April 19, 2005
Catalyst summary for 2005/04/19.
- sri is writing meta-plugin support to add class data accessors to your $c object.
12:43 <@sri> MyApp->plugin(textile, Text::Textile)
- Sri is improving minimojo for our upcoming article to show off all the great catalyst features.
- Chansen is making a nice article posting interface demo of catalyst and his new Class::DBI module, which can easily be extended into some kick ass journaling code.
- Work progresses nicely on the Clobe demo (Planet clone). We now have a working prototype, but I've decided to write a new feed aggregator module on top of XML::Feed, so it's stalling a little while that's being done.
New to CPAN
- Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest 0.04 - Updated for Catalyst 5.0. Also, This one actually uses the catalyst dispatcher, rather than a cheap forward trick.
- Catalyst-Plugin-Session-FastMmap - Updated for 5.0. Note that this module is soon to be obsoleted by the brand new shiny Session framework, once Chansen finishes. (Yes, he usually keeps us in suspense.)
- Catalyst 5.03 - A few more bugs, a little more docs. See release announcement here.
- Acme releases a new ebug, which shows some really interesting use of Catalyst. Check out Devel::ebug's http frontend!
s1lly wants to be famous...
00:06 < s1lly> its no big secret that I like to fuck appliances so
gabb feels threatened by yesterday's summary...
08:33 < gabb> Hm yea - I better get a new ID and leave country if I ever want to make money in IT now. :/
08:34 <@draven> yeah, never underestimate the power of Paul Graham!
08:35 < gabb> Titties ... maybe I can get a decent position as a janitor or something.