Friday April 15, 2005
Catalyst summary for 2005/4/15
We had a pretty busy day today.
- Catalyst.perl.org now works! woho! Everybody should think warm thoughts about Ask, and the rest of the perl.org team.
- We also have a froopy
server for it, thanks to Christian and ngmedia.com./li>
- We have a Trac installation set up at dev.catalyst.perl.org. Dev is actually Becks, sri's favorite beer, and one of the vservers in our new setup. We plan to migrate the SVN repo here soonish.
- set up a developer playground, another vserver. (Named Ringnes, after my favorite beer).
- A somewhat famous perl face spreads some rumors about something called "Bamboo" interoping with Catalyst some time soon...
- versioning is added to the generated scripts, so users will get warnings when using obsolete scripts. (Will not warn about script generated before Cat5).
- Lots and lots of minor doc fixes and cleanups.
- We release Catalyst 5, and updated versions of almost all the plugins. (Announcement)
- we apply a patch to add password hashing to the Auth module. (Thanks andyg)
- AndyG adds ServerDB to examples. This is a prototype of a server inventory database, made to sell in Catalyst for a commercial project.
- The grammar nazi, aka The Jester, reads through the intro and tutorial and corrects our most blatant speling mistakes.
... 1 hour after we release 5.0
- sri adds support for the newly released mod_perl RC5.
... 2 hours after we release 5.0
- We decide to release 5.01 tomorrow, if our MP2 upload issue is resolved :)
(Most of this summary comes from #catalyst at irc.perl.org)