Thursday April 14, 2005
Catalyst summary for 2005/04/14.
Hey, and welcome to the first Catalyst summary. I'll try to keep this daily, if I can find the time required to read all the idle chatter on #catalyst, and pick out the gems for you guys.
Anyways, let's go through todays events.
- Puck is going to write a Class::DBI transaction plugin for CDBI. At least he promises to do it.
- Work starts on CForum, which is meant to be a simple showcase application for the Catalyst Framework. Also, hopefully it will be a worthy alternative to all the crappy PHP forums out there. It will not have a feature focus tho, just the basics.
- SRI is on the drugs again, so expect good things.
- SRI finishes the first version of HTML::Prototype and launches it as a replacement for HTML::Ajax. It's an implementation of the
ajax library Rails uses, thus the name. Still, a lot of discussion on irc and on the mailing list about the name, which most people find non-descript, SRI can't be moved on this issue tho.
- A major bug in $c->forward is fixed, and tests are added to make sure it doesn't rear it's ugly head again.
- New Policy for comitters: Any commits without a good log message will result in 10 lashings with SRIs tounge. Also:
Every message should be prefixed with Added/Fixed/Changed/Improved/...:
- - A new "examples" dir is added to the repository, containing MiniMojo and the newly started CForum app.
- Christian writes a new module soon to reach CPAN which extends search and adds SQL::Abstract in a backwards compatible fashion. It also handles deflation of objects so you can use them as search arguments if they are defined with has_as. This new plugin will also have count functionality with the same features.
- SRI preaches SVK on IRC, and everybody agrees it is sweet.
- Ask, if you are reading this, we still want our domain :( . Seems we can't get any of the Catalyst top domains either.