CPANTS things first: I finally managed to grab some time for a long-needed CPANTS revivication. I switched back to postgres (SQLite was just too slow for the huge amount of data (and/or I was to dumb to set the tables/indeces/sql correctly)), I installed everything on the new Vienna.pm server (big thanks to maks for showing me how get Debian to be able to actually compile stuff (apt-get install build-essentials) (I'm a bit spoiled by two years of gentoo usage
I still need to fiddle with Apache/mod_perl, and check if automatic updating actually works, but in the meantime you could check out this: http://members.useperl.at:3000 (which is running under the Cat dev server, so don't expect very high performance...). Oh, and some links are broken (eg 'dist/Acme' should be 'dist/overview/Acme')
I also had to hack some hardware yesterday - well, acutally it was more like drilling hardware. I finally bought a new snowboard (Burton), but my rather old Flow binding had it's holes in the wrong place. So I drilled them myself (in the binding, not the board...).
At my new job (more infos ASAP), we decided to use git. I don't know if it's because I'm getting old (I'm starting a new bit soon) or because git is alien and complicated, but it took us several days to work through the docs and approximatly 10 test repos until we understood the general workflow and how to implement it.
And finally, this graphic made sense, even if you add a small amount of branches and tags
your personal repo ------------------> your public repo
| you pull | they pull
| they push V
their public repo <------------------- their repo