Yesterday our hoover broke during a rather critical drilling session (Advice: If you hoover while drilling holes in walls, you can avoid the area below the hole-to-be to be covered with very fine and very annoying brick dust by hoovering directly under the drill/hole)
It (the hoover) wouldn't start anymore. It seemed to have a "Wackelkontakt" (loose contact) somewhere.
So I removed the plug (by cutting it from the cabel) and put another one on the cable. Still didn't work...
So I tried to unscrew the hoover itself, but they used some of those custom-made screws with funky heads. After some futile attempts I found a screw-driver which was suitable for a brute-force attack on the screws.
After removing the casing I pressed the button directly, and it worked. I put the casing back on, it still worked...
It felt quite a lot like rebooting a windows machine, only even more annoying.
Lateste News: We had a spontanious combustion in our kitchen! Nothing bad happend, as Barbara noticed it immediatly: We are using some special oils to prepare our kitchen worktop. On the oil package it says that the oil may combust on it's own, so towels used to apply it should be stored in airtight, metal containers. Well, we didn't..