Although I was in the office the whole day today (something I do rarely, as I'm working from home most of the time), I did't write one line of code...
* had a meeting on the next big project I'm involved in (yet another webbased communication tool / database (to be used by various European Research/Science/Education ministeries and researches)). The most amazing thing is that the schedule seems reasonable...
* had more meetings (of the just-met-in-the-hallway kind) with people who run other projects I'm working on.
* munged the svn repository for a project anticipating a major rewrite
* fetched a lot of "Krankenscheine" (the piece of paper you give to an Austrian doctor so the insurance pays him) for me & my kids
* invited two design shops to submit estimates for developing a design for aformentioned big project
* sufferd from constant mild tooth ache (I got a wisdom thooth pulled yesterday)
* send a preview version of Pod::Strip to the pod-people mailing list
Hmm. Some toothache-related, not very interesting ramblings follow, so you might as well stop reading here..
While most of this was very neccessary, it still feels like a wasted day. OTOH, I propably wouldn't have been able to code anyway, as my toothache is really distracting me and I'm rather tired.
The last time I got a wisdom tooth pulled I went to the dentist well-prepared and knew that I wouldn't be able to work for the next few days. So I took some "Krankenstand" (whatever that is in english, but in Austria you don't have to work when you're ill. After some time of sickness the health insurance pays your wage...). I got some anti-pain medication. I watched a lot of TV afterwards.
This time I went to the dentist to have a filling fixed. He said that the filling wasn't the problem, but the wisdom thooth. And that he will pull it. NOW. His assistent allready fetched on of those big syringe the use for local anaesthesia. I did some mild attemps of resistance, but in the end I thought that this procedure wouldn't suck less next week, so I agreed.
The theet-pulling was very harmless compared to the last time, probably because the last time a lower theet was pulled, and now it was an upper.
So after 5 minutes we were finsihed and I went home. Some hours later the pain kicked in (or the anaesthesia.wore off), so I took some aspirin. Which was OK, although I wasn't in too good mood.
Today I took another aspirin, brought Samo to kindergarden and went to the office. Only to realize that I forgot the Aspirin...
I figured that the tooth aches weren't that bad and that I could easily get Aspirin from some coworkers, so I stayed in the office, did what I mentioned above, and in the end wrote this journal entrie. Which will end right now, as I'm now leaving for home (and Aspirin!)