Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

djberg96 (2603)

  (email not shown publicly)

Journal of djberg96 (2603)

Monday August 05, 2002
07:03 PM

Ah, phucksticks

[ #6914 ]
According to my lease, I have to give 60 days notice, even though I'm renting month-to-month. The office says it's ok only if they're able to rent the place out by September 1st. Otherwise, it pushes my move back to October 1st.

I'd like to leave earlier, but the thought of paying double rent really sucks. Do I play it safe or take a chance? I *think* the place would probably lease pretty quick, but I can't be guaranteed.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • if you live near some sort of university and your apartment is in the space/cost sweet spot for some class of students, it's probably a good bet. Even if you don't live there, it might not be bad since many more people move in the summer.
  • Dude, you live in Minneapolis, right?

    I would think they should be able to rent it rather quickly, if they charge a reasonable rate.

    My girlfriends place went rather quickly IIRC.

    Remember, the Twin Cities is a top five housing market (they're expecting 8-10% growth in the market) so I think that might translate well to the rental market as well.
  • If you have the time to answer phone calls occasionally, you might consider posting an ad for the space yourself, and then introducing the people who answer to your landlord if they seem like they'll actually move in. If nobody answers, then you know nobody will take it up for you.

    Beats hoping some other person will work hard to save you money. Maybe. :\


    You are what you think.
    • This falls into the "if only I'd thought of it sooner" category. :-P

      As it is, I don't think the movers would have been able to do the job this quick. Anyway, I've already told the leasing office folks I'll be around until the end of September, and I haven't booked a flight to Denver yet to find an apartment.

      Thanks for the idea though. I'll keep that one in my back pocket. :)

      • Sigh, I'm a damn idiot. Note to self: Read until you're current on the whole journal before you log a comment about one entry.

        Glad it sounds useful, though. Unless you were being which case I'm glad it provided an opportunity for humor. ;)


        You are what you think.