Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

djberg96 (2603)

djberg96
  (email not shown publicly)

Journal of djberg96 (2603)

Tuesday November 23, 2004
10:31 AM

No Heat

[ #21969 ]
The furnace died last night - the blower won't kick in or something. There might be a thermostat issue as well. Good thing I had an extra blanket.

In addition, the gas fireplace is currently unusable. It seems the builders put batteries in. You're not supposed to do that unless you absolutely need to (i.e. your power goes out in the dead of winter and you need a way to start the igniter in your fireplace). The result is that one of the batteries exploded (well, leaked) and now there's some battery acid that needs to be cleaned up. Since they didn't tell me that they had put batteries in, it's going to be them that cleans the damn thing up.

I also have a security interview today (on behalf of someone else). Hope she dresses warmly.

/me uses the oven as a furnace for the day.

Update: The igniter went bad. Fixed.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.