Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

davorg (18)

davorg
  dave@dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/
Yahoo! ID: daveorguk (Add User, Send Message)

Hacker, author, trainer

Technorati Profile [technorati.com]

Journal of davorg (18)

Friday November 22, 2002
03:49 AM

Bug Reports

[ #9076 ]

As I mentioned previously, the website I did for the A-Z of Living Together has become moderately successful.

This means that (unlike most of my sites) it's being seen by non-technical people. And sometimes they decide to send you helpful bug reports. This morning I got an email that simply consisted of a subject that said "Does not work on a mac at all".

Which wasn't, perhaps, as helpful as the authoer had intended.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • The CSS layout is all screwed up in IE on OSX. It looks great in Chimera though :-)
    • Thanks. See that's the kind of useful bug report that I can work with.

      /me wonders if he can be bothered to work around bugs in IE's CSS handling.

      • /me wonders if he can be bothered to work around bugs in IE's CSS handling.

        If you do decide to make an IE/Mac-IE version, I suggest doing browser detection and feeding an IE-only version of the CSS to IE. The CSS support for Mac-IE is so buggy that it's laughable. I've seen sites that look good in every Mozilla-variant (and Konqueror) I can get my hands on, yet refuse to render the navigation column in Mac-IE. That is, the bugs aren't just cosmetic misinterpretations of a designer's intent, but ser

        • I think I've managed to fix it without resorting to browser sniffing (which is an anaethema to me). At least the person who submitted the original bug report now seems satisfied.

          Thanks are due to blech [perl.org] who very swiftly worked out what the problem was.