This weekend is my last couple of free days before starting the new job. So it was set aside for various admin-type things that I need to before I stop having Copius Free Time.
Or, at least, that was the plan.
The someone on the Template Toolkit mailing list asked if anyone had any TT syntax highlighting code for emacs. I did have something, but it was very basic and this was a good excuse to to some more work on it.
Subsequently, I spent a good deal of yesterday working on improving it. I learnt more than any sane person would want to know about font-lock-mode and Elisp regular expressions.
I didn't get much of the planned work done, but I did end up with a version of tt-mode.el that I'm pleased with.