Today I started looking at adding the ability to write tags to the AudioFile::Info family of modules because it's something I'll be able to use on a paid project.
I started by looking at MP3::ID3Lib, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to save any of the changes I made back to the MP3 file. It seems that acme had the same problem with it as in the test script I found the following
# For some reason id3lib isn't changing this on my box,
# but it is on blech's. Leave out the test for now
#is($frames->->value, 'Test for COMM');
I asked him about this problem on IRC but he said that he didn't have a fix for it and he asked if I was interested in taking on ownership of the module.
Now my XS powers are weak and I don't feel up to taking on an XS-based module, particularly one with a big problem like this in it. But if someone wanted to spend some time investigating the problem then I'm sure they'd earn the gratitude of the whole Perl community (well, at least acme and me!)