In my neck of the woods we set off fireworks at a friends house. Nothing too outstanding since most interesting and expensive fireworks are illegal in Pennsylvania. I'm kind of a pyro so I set to work lighting a bunch of fireworks with a blow torch. I also enjoyed lighting the spinning fireworks and tossing them like a grenade into the air.
With all the fireworks burned I tried to sit down on a platform we set up for the fireworks and when I did I realized that there was nothing supporting the middle of this thin piece of ply-wood. How did I know? When the lantern that was on it fell over onto my back. 2nd degree burns ensued.
One of my friends dumped salt on me. I was a little nervous about that but it did help with the pain. Right now I'm just irritated by everything touching it and I'm trying not to move at all.