Well, of the two projects mentioned in the previous entry, both are still ongoing.
The HTML::Mason based site is on hold, and I don't know that we'll actualy get it off the ground. In fact, we've been talking about scrapping our requirements and redrafing then after we've given slashcode (the software powering this site) a look.
The other project perl-fu 3 is fully in my lap and I'm pleased to report that I have nothing to report. Perl-fu 3 is a ground up rewrite of perl-fu the infobot used my efnet#perlhelp, efnet#poe, and by me, at irc.lethnet.org (a server I operate for a hacking club.)
Since the work which is currently keeping me from doing much with either of these ladauble projects is in PHP -which I've had to learn for above work- the only thing I have to report is this.
The server which hosts efnet#perlhelp's perl-fu got hacked, aparently, and perl-fu was somewhat damaged. It turned out that the simplest solution was to do a virgin install of the latest greatest perl-fu 2, which fell to me.
It went fairly smoothly until I discovered that the SQLite databases containing the bot's Factoid database, karma scores and user activity history we're utterly impatable with the version of SQLite installed after the server rebuild. This necessated my moving the databases back over to one of my servers (which still has the old SQLite) and then writing a tool (as I didnt' have sqlite(1) and didn't want to risk talking to the CPAN about the issue) to dump the databases to SQL.
As Juerd and I discussed, using DBI without a fancier tool sure seems like work. I was supprised how much effort it took to remember even the simple prepare(), execute(), fetch() sequence.
In any case the operation was a success; the patient may even live. Until I get time to get an alpha of perl-fu 3 out, at any rate.