Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

cogurov (5192)

  (email not shown publicly)

cogurov doesn't really exist. If he did, he would only have three letters anyway, not seven.

all he does here is rant about nothing and everything

Journal of cogurov (5192)

Saturday October 23, 2004
09:19 AM

Another interview

[ #21482 ]

As some of you might know, I went to an interview, yesterday, in Lisbon...

I really don't know what to think of it yet...

It started with me filling some pages with crosses, marking technologies I already knew with "Weak", "Medium" and "High" level and for how many years I had known them and... The first section was on "Programming languages"... There was no Perl... OK... I can live with that, they simply don't use Perl... There was C, Prolog, Java, Ada, Cobol, and lots of others, but no Perl... But the surprise was still to come...

When I got to the section on "Web" (or something like that), I immediatly recognized lots of things... HTML, Javascript, XML, XSL, Perl... wait a minute, Perl???? WTF? This should be on the Programming languages section!!!

Bah... whatever...

I didn't mention it anyway because I was only talking to a person from HR (if I get to the second phase of the process, I'll contact with technical people, I guess).

She told me about the company and a bit about the project: it's in Lisbon, which is good, it's probably on Windows, which is bad, it's in a bank, which is interesting, it's probably not very good for me financially, which is inadmissible :-)

We talked a bit about values, I mentioned a minimum value and she said "I'm not sure if, for this particular project, such an high value will be possible; would you consider a lower offer, or is it out of the question?" I said "It would depend on the rest of the circumstances", but I guess I should have said "No", because that value really isn't high, not for me, not for anyone working in Lisbon, and everybody I told the value so far keeps telling me the same thing so, you see, it's not me...

Anyway, she's supposed to take my CV to someone who'll decide whether he (or she, I don't know) wants to interview me or not, and then I might get another call asking me to go to Lisbon again...

I'm thinking, if I get that call, should I take another day off to go there or not? Hmm... If I knew in advance that they were willing to pay me a reasonable salary, I guess I would, but all I know right now is that they, apparently, are not...

I think I should call them Monday morning and tell them not to bother calling me for another interview if they really don't plan paying something similar to what I asked... I'd like to get a new job, but I'm not so desperate to the point of getting myself in an even worse financial situation than the one I have today...

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.