YAPC::EU::2009, the 10th edition of the largest European Perl conference, will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from the 3rd to the 5th of August, 2009.
This is the official Call for Presentations and here are the important deadlines:
- Deadline for talk proposals: April 30th 2009
- Speaker notification: May 7th 2009
This year's theme for the conference is Corporate Perl.
Here's what we're looking for:
- We're looking for talks on how corporate companies use Perl and why;
- We're looking for talks that fit our beginner's track (if you want to submit one and don't know what about, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll share with you our preliminary draft of an expected beginner's track);
- And, as usual, there is also enough room for talks that don't fit any of those groups, so we'll be looking for and expecting dozens of proposal on everything that is Perl related.
We'll be offering two kinds of time-slots for talks:
- 20 minutes
- 40 minutes
If you really need a different time-slot, get in touch with us and we'll see what we can do.
Speakers may submit multiple talks. All speakers will have their registration fee waived.
- To submit a talk, go to http://yapceurope2009.org/ye2009/newtalk.
- If you don't have a user yet, please register at http://yapceurope2009.org/ye2009/register
For any inquiry, contact us at email@example.com, and don't forget to submit your proposals no later than midnight GMT on April 30th, 2009.