The flight was rather smooth (perhaps the fact that I didn't sleep the night before helped).
Getting inside the USA was also smooth.
I believe most people I know who came here had trouble with customs.
- And what will you be doing here?
- I'm going to a conference.
- Oh, OK. Are you presenting any materials?
- Yes, I am.
- OK, thanks.
And that was it
Another thing that seems to help is to really look lost and ask a lot of questions
After the flight, I finally managed to get to the train station on terminal 3. Barbie went to the train station on terminal 2 and ended up in the same wagon I was in. Talk about coincidences, uh?
A few random thoughts:
- Seven-Eleven tacos are nice.
- "Fruit-punch" Gatorade is not
Oh, and I've already finished the slides for one of my three talks