By now you probably already know what this is all about O:-)
This is report #18 and here are some details:
Larry is in the city
Larry (and others) have already arrived. We have proof.
The stuff is at the venue
Last Friday we took all the boxes (around 40) to the Venue.
It took all day.
Some boxes are heavier than others.
In the bag you go
We're putting things in the bags as we speak.
If somebody asks me to fold another Braga map I'll kill him.
Bring stuff for the auction
If you have some Perl related item(s) that you'd like to give
away for auction (a t-shirt from your local group, for
instance), send us an email and bring it to the conference.
More things on Google Maps
Things we've added on our Google map:
- Places to visit (letter B)
* Cathedral - old Cathedral (400 years?) open to the public
* Braga Stadium - they say it's pretty and worth the trip
* City Centre - take a random road from there
* Bom Jesus - most photographed church in the country +
lake + nature + stuff like that
- Fun and Food (letter F)
* Bragashopping - a mall in the centre of the city
* Braga Parque - one of the newest malls around
* Minho Centre - yet another mall
* Tribuna - where we'll meet on Tuesday night
- Others (letter A)
* City Hospital - let's hope no one has to go there
The books from Apress are here
We have received the books from Apress. We now have (I think)
all the books for the auction with us.
Behind the scenes action:
- There's a meeting with the volunteers in about an hour to
settle who's doing what
- We *think* we have enough cameras to record all the sessions
- There's somebody working on the badges
- We have a fridge, which we'll use for the coffee breaks
stuff, but we can also use it for the Beers of the World BOF
And that's it for now.
As always, the organizers can be reached at email@example.com
Jose and Alberto
Note 1: You can find the YAPC::EU::2005::FAQ here.
Note 2: You can find the previous reports from the YAPC::EU::2005 Site
Map (bottom of the