Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

cog (4665)

Journal of cog (4665)

Wednesday September 01, 2004
09:47 AM

Under the table

[ #20674 ]

You step into an office and see somebody under the secretary (the table), with his laptop and ask:

"What are you doing there?"

"Low-level programming."

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • The word you're looking for, at least in US English, is "desk", unless you're intending some sort of pun. "Secretary" in that sense would mostly be used by people dealing with antique furniture.
    • You're right :-) Desk :-) It's my daily problem, when writting in English :-) In Portugal, we use the word "secretária" refering to a desk, but we really don't have any other word for that. As you can see, "secretária" is very similar to "secretary", hence... my mistake :-)

      Thanks for pointing that :-)