Thursday May 24, 2007
Perl 6 Design Minutes for 23 May 2007
The Perl 6 design team met by phone on 23 May 2007. Larry, Nicholas, chromatic, and Jesse attended. Patrick sent in his report separately. These are the minutes.
- a bunch of cleanup and looking for missing things in the standard grammar
- updating both the Synopses and the grammar to have the same grammatical categories
- various tweaks to the underlying typology of sigils and built-in types to make sure that they're accurate
- answering a lot of questions
- anything that could help you get stuff done?
- getting all my ducks in a row for the travels
- fixing some Parrot bugs
- found a way to make Linux and GCC export only requested symbols
- actually helps the Windows port
- finds a lot of bugs where we don't export symbols appropriately
- found a new Perl 6 weblog, http://diveintoperl6.blogspot.com/ by Austin Seipp
- get blocked sometimes on Leo being the only person who understands some part of Parrot
- will you be at YAPC::Europe for the hackathon?
- sadly, I have a prior commitment and can't make the conference
- what if you had a list of issues that you want explained?
- maybe a list of questions and answers in your repository?
- good idea; I'll look into this
- dug into feather's Commitbit slowness
- Audrey dug into it with me for a while
- turns out it's an IO issue on feather
- is there a replacement for Ann doing the summaries?
- I haven't heard anything either
- hoping to get some of the microgrants finished, so we can point to them as successes and solicit some more
- I'd love to get the Pugs folks submitting a couple
- still working on the minimal Perl implementation, and a slight redesign of the bottom-up parser
- giving some feedback on assign opcodes in Parrot.