Parrot (and I believe Pugs) has a very handy Makefile target;
make smoke runs the tests, gathers the relevant information, and
then uploads the results to a public server where interested people can see a
pretty HTML report of successes and failures. This is very useful!
Unfortunately, a recent Test::Harness update broke some assumptions that Test::TAP::Model and Test::TAP::HTMLMatrix made about test results. Consequently, the tests for both modules failed and no one could install those modules and perform the smoke testing.
I fixed both tonight. RT has the patches (patch
Test::TAP::Model and patch
Test::TAP::HTMLMatrix ). Now go forth and submit your
smokes. (I just fixed the last remaining error I saw in Parrot.)