Saturday January 05, 2002
The wedding is on the 10th. I'm flying to Portland at 12:30 pm on the 8th. Between now and then, I obviously must pack and arrive at the airport early enough to pay lip service to the perception that annoying regular people will prevent evil things from happening.
In addition, there are several other things that must happen:
- Laundry must be found, washed, folded, and put away.
- Finish an article for the O'Reilly Network, due the 10th -- so it's really due the morning of the 8th. Buy me a laptop and solve this problem.
- Start the article, as I have a few paragraphs. Luckily, I've just now finished the code which the article will explain. Unluckily, it still has rough spots.
- Hope someone (Krow?) will give me feedback on the nasty SQL problem that represents the biggest rough spot.
- Proofread the book index by Monday morning, as it is due RIGHT AWAY. It's a problem to promote a book when it's not ready. Luckily, it looks relatively good as is.
- Receive a package containing a present for a friend. Hopefully she is not reading this, though she probably is and I've said too much already. If it doesn't arrive by Tuesday morning, well, that's a problem.
- Wrap a present for another friend for a party on the 11th and find someone who can deliver it for me. This probably must be done by the 6th. I may have to *find* ti first.
There's not a lot of time to complain or to grumble. Luckily, my part in the wedding is small. I just have to show up, do what they say, and find some toast, somewhere, provided the tuxedo fits. I don't even have to find a date! Now, though, it's time for a Tad Williams book, Jet Grind Radio, or sleep.