I had no idea it was going to be this simple to get the CGI set up. Half of a container of Espresso Chip ice cream and two liters of Dew later, the Apache is running the CGI I'm building for it. In fact, if I hadn't been typing in the scripts wrong in the first place, it would have run about twenty minutes earlier than it did.
I sent off an email to one of the folks who ended up with the Cl**ster legacy (I still don't know if I can talk about that or not; I realize it seems paranoid, and it is, but paranoia has saved my ass numerous times) and hopefully he'll write back and tell me yes, of course, we can use his numbers, and could we please plug his site while we're at it.
I hate going off on a tangent, but it's only partially tangential, so I'm going to. Cl**ster lists, for those of you who play Magic, are based on the newsgroup auction lists (as I understand it). It goes through, matches all the values that card's being sold for in dollars and cents, averages the whole mess out, and spits out fair prices for everything in a huge, pages-and-pages long list.
The gentleman who controlled the list and wrote the software gave up on it a short while back, and looked for a suitable heir. He found two different places willing to deal with the software (and if you're really interested, you'll find it). I refer to the fact that they're sanctioned users and purveyors of the info when I refer to them recieving the Cl**ster legacy.
Hope springs eternal and all that.
Now, to start with the fun part...taking PerlShop apart, piece by piece, and seeing what makes it tick.