Oh, there are things it doesn't do well that aren't mere aesthetic considerations. I need to learn what I was doing wrong with the Schwartzian Transform (and it's not for want of trying to understand, believe me, it's complicated by the fact that I'm sorting with array indices and references and whatnot) because the way I'm currently sorting things is hideously inefficient, and once the number of suspicious emails goes up it'll become painfully obvious. My regular expressions need to be optimized, because I did a few multi-pass solutions where single regular expressions could have sufficed (except those single regular expressions are beyond my current understanding of regular expressions). I need to fix a bunch of design artifacts, mostly subs I wrote that I never needed. I need to clean up a bunch of commented code lines and leave only the debugging stuff I put in place.
In short, it's essentially alpha at this point. It's a lot farther than I've gotten with some of my other projects, though, so it's definately progress. I learned a lot about Perl/Tk, too.
I've been sitting with a sick friend for a while, who refuses to go to the hospital and whose doctor can hardly be reached. They've got an enormous migraine that simply will not retreat unless huge amounts of pharmacological black magic are ingested, and even then it just backs off a little. I'm hoping she'll get some more sleep.
As I type this, we got in touch with the doctor's office, and she's got an appointment for 2.
Hopefully things are going to improve today.