Wednesday January 15, 2003
Things I have learned today
Sometimes I think students teach me more than I teach them.
- Control-U in vi is undo. Cool!
- Postgresql can deal with different mount points in its data directory (but do not ask me to make it work)
- Perl's diamond operator <> destroys @ARGV (never thought to use it more than once, or read the documentation, apparently).
- BBEdit 7 can make rectangular selections by holding down the Option key
- Apparently no one knows how to pronounce "Turandot" as it was originally intended.
- Do not park on snow routes when it snows. It takes $160 to get your car out of hock.