Tuesday December 31, 2002
Year End Bad Karma Clearance
Bad things that have happened on this holiday:
- Left house keys at the last place we stayed.
- Pulled over by cops when we almost turned the wrong way onto a one-way street. Since we were not drunk, they let us go.
- Pulled over by cops for making an illegal U-turn. Since we were not drunk they let us go.
- Locked keys in car.
- Waiting for tow truck to take car with brand new but defective clutch to nearest dealer---over an hour away.
- Very bad muscle strain in shoulder from recurring sports injury.
- Florida National Guard mobilizes. The list of available units is getting short.
- Bailed on Lord of the Rings after seeing a very long line to get in. We bought tickets earlier, but were not expecting people to camp out to see it. There is not much else to do here though.
- I lost every game of hearts tonight.
- My partner's computer needed an OS re-install (although her brother is an Apple dude with a couple of iPods just for that reason).
- I cannot get GD to install correctly.
Still, no one was shooting at me, no one was bleeding, and I was not wet, cold, tired, hungry, or sleeping in mud. Any day I can walk away from is a good day.