Saturday June 07, 2008
Improvised Lightning Talks
At the Portuguese Perl Workshop, José Castro is making people do "Improvised Lightning Talks". He selects people from the audience (starting with me), shows them a topic they haven't seen in advance, and then gives them 60 seconds to start talking on the subject.
It's going on right now, but I'll update the list.
- Why I Hate XML - brian d foy
- How I Hide My Ninja Skills - Marty Pauley
- Why I Love Braga - nothingmuch
- "I was promised there would be many beautiful women"
- Why XML is Like Underwear - Marty Pauley
- "It's designed to be seen and not seen"
- "If you pay attention, it smells a bit like shit"
- If I Wasn't a Perl Programmer - Pedro Melo
- "18 years of my life wasted"
- Why My Underwear is Like Perl - skipped
- Why I love Perl - Miguel Duarte
- The Actual Lightning Talk I'd Like to Give Was... -Paula Valença
- What I Think About Coffee Break - Marty Pauley
- "Coffee contains a drug called caffeine. Tea contains three drugs"