Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Monday October 25, 2004
03:23 AM

This month's dumbass episode

[ #21497 ]

I've had another dumbass episode, and even doubly so today because Ziggy told me to stop working (and get some sleep) or I was going to make a dumbass mistake. And so it came to pass.

I've been working on my laptop, which is fine and dandy. Everything was working really nice and I was ready to deploy the script. I had tested it and everything.

Once I deployed, minor bits and pieces stopped working. Template was acting oddly, and Business::OnlinePayment::AuthorizeNet was silently failing. Everything worked on my side. I didn't get errors on the remote side: I just got odd behviour.

Three hours later (well, I was watching "The Office" special at the same time).

What I hadn't done, however, was check the version numbers on the modules on the remote machines. I took it for granted that they were up-to-date because they usually are up-to-date.

It turns out the remote side as an old version (2.09, 1.5 years old) of Template, so it doesn't understand "IN", and the old version (3.12, two years old) of Business::OnlinePayment::AuthorizeNet doesn't understand transaction keys. Luckily, the Changes files (T, B::O::A) for these modules note when the features were added, and my problems have notes between the latest versions and the ones I actually have on the remote machines.

Of course, I installed that latest versions in my private directory and sent a nice note asking for modern versions of the modules, but I'm still a dumbass.

Now if I can just figure out why gpg insists on using temporary files.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.