NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.
All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report
Tuesday January 28, 2003
Looking for volunteers
I have to take a break from my life to do some stuff with the military, and I will not have access to fancy technology like running water and computers. I am not going to say anymore on what I will be doing, how soon it starts, or when I will be back. I don't know any of that anyway.
I am looking for anyone who wants to take over any part of anything I am doing in the community so it still gets done:
- Andy Lester or Randal can make any decisions regarding my modules or code if I am not around. Everything is in CVS in a SourceForge project, most things have decent test suites, and some people even use a couple of them. I will continue to handle maintenance as long as I can, but I will not be doing any new development because I don't want to leave more of a mess than it might already be.
Please feel free to request control of any module you would like to take over or maintain. (This could be a good opportunity for some up and coming Perl gurus :)
- Someone needs to take over the FAQ autoposter to comp.lang.perl.misc, and updates to the faq. I can explain how it works (and it is all in the perlfaq CVS). This only takes up about two hours a week and has been a great way to learn things I would not have otherwise run into, and I do not even have to deal with p5p :)
- I'm working on what happens with The Perl Review. Feel free to express any concerns, complaints, and so on to me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). All of the TPR is in my SourceForge CVS too.
- The XML::RSS folks are pretty much squared away, but if you are interested in working on that project, check out the the project website.
- Everything else already has a bunch of volunteers, so they won't miss me all that much. :)
Stories, comments, journals, and other submissions on use Perl; are Copyright 1998-2006, their respective owners.