I'm now in Rome. Work at Oxford (where I spent the first week of my trip, while taking a summer school) was unfortunately very slow, but I've finished the User page class, written the Session and Pool classes, and am almost finished integrating the concept of the current user into the Request class. This is all in the SVN repository, which came back up a few days ago (naturally, the server crashed almost the moment I left for the airport).
An interesting thing happened while I was working on this: SHA-1 was cracked. Okay, so that description is a tad extreme, but a group of Chinese researchers did bring it into the realm of theoretical feasibility, with an attack in 2**63 time. The thing that made this interesting was that I had just finished writing password-hashing code with SHA-1. I quickly re-engineered things to abstract the exact algorithm being used; each hash now includes a string specifying the algorithm used, and the functions
WWW::Kontent::Hash can be used to gracefully handle hashes.
Once this is done, I just have to write Magic and Fidelis, and then the system will basically be complete.