Leader of Birmingham.pm [pm.org] and a CPAN author [cpan.org]. Co-organised YAPC::Europe in 2006 and the 2009 QA Hackathon, responsible for the YAPC Conference Surveys [yapc-surveys.org] and the QA Hackathon [qa-hackathon.org] websites. Also the current caretaker for the CPAN Testers websites and data stores.
If you really want to find out more, buy me a Guinness
Last week and this weekend I have been hard at work on WWW-UsePerl-Journal & WWW-UsePerl-Journal-Thread, trying to fix the recent screen scraping changes, together with a whole heap of changes I was planning to do when I had the time.
First off is the lack of test scripts. There are several tests already, but there are several areas of the code that are devoid of any testing. As a consequence I've started to add the scripts for these areas. I've been running Devel::Cover too, which has helped to highlight the appropriate lines.
Secondly there is a section of code that really ought to be a completely separate module, which I've now done. It's for posting journal entries. I've no idea whether anyone uses this, but I'm a little reluctant to release the test scripts for this section. I'm sure I'll soon see RT tickets if someone does, and it doesn't work.
Next up is cleaning all the code so that if I have to do this all again, I need only change a small section of the code. There are several points when roughly the same regex is used to parse a piece of text. At some point cut-n-paste is going to go wrong.
A consequence of this is that my plan to release the next version last Friday has now been delayed until I've got the code refactored and all the new tests working. Apologies for the delay.