Leader of Birmingham.pm [pm.org] and a CPAN author [cpan.org]. Co-organised YAPC::Europe in 2006 and the 2009 QA Hackathon, responsible for the YAPC Conference Surveys [yapc-surveys.org] and the QA Hackathon [qa-hackathon.org] websites. Also the current caretaker for the CPAN Testers websites and data stores.
If you really want to find out more, buy me a Guinness
The first was easily rectified, as the XML dependancy was removed in favour of the INI config file layout.
Due to the size of the installer, I decided the additional modules should really be installed over the 'net. I got PPM to install PPM::Repositories and load up any new repositories, then listed all the modules I wanted installed. Some, such as Template-Toolkit, that aren't in ActiveState's repository can then be installed. However, there are some modules that don't exist in any PPM repositories, such as File::Find::Rule. Initally I figured that CPAN.pm could handle it, but alas no. Unfortunately, if there is a way to default the configuration interaction through the backend, I haven't found it. As CPAN.pm hasn't been run before, the module is trying to do a bit of user interaction when there isn't any user. Thus the whole installer just hangs. So for these extra few I have now created my own PPD files, and let PPM install them.
Win32::AdminMisc looked like the only module that did the job I needed, but on further investigation, Win32 does it too, which is part of the libwin32 suite.
The last one is the greatest source of annoyance. I've had to write a section of code to update the 'use lib' line of all the
It's actually been a blessing, as now three modules have been simplified and run alot quicker.