Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

avik (3911)

avik
  (email not shown publicly)
Yahoo! ID: topchyan (Add User, Send Message)

Journal of avik (3911)

Thursday May 06, 2004
11:53 PM

How I am fighting with MS-Outlook

[ #18658 ]

On NT4 my Access application sent and received messages transparently through Outlook just fine. When time came to upgrade hardware, I received it with Win2K pre-installed. When I moved my application to that shining new workstation, I realized that Outlook has a new security patch with prevents messages from being sent directly through Outlook API. What happens, is that each time a message is sent you see a dialog with 5 second delay. After 5 seconds are over you see an enabled "Yes" button on that dialog. Then your Outlook is activated, so you have to switch back after message has been sent. When you receive new messages you have to tell outlook to allow access for certian number of minutes. Same when trying to resolve a name in Global Address Book.

Forget it, I thought, I'll do something with Perl. And I did. And it works. Everything except listing folders on Exchange server. That part I still need to figure out. Thank you, authors of such useful modules as Net::POP3, Net::SMTP, Net::LDAP, SOAP::Lite. Thanks for pocketSOAP developers also (that's how I connect between Access and other functions).

Outlook is bad. And it is getting worse and worse. So annoying.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.