Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

autrijus (1505)

autrijus
  (email not shown publicly)
http://pugs.blogs.com/

Journal of autrijus (1505)

Tuesday March 15, 2005
01:55 PM

Day 43: Ternary and so.

[ #23663 ]
With nothingmuch's lead, it seems that a good portion of development is now occuring in SubEthaEdit space. That is exciting news -- here's hope that MoonEdit can work on OSX some day, or (preferably) DocSynch or any of the many SEE-clone projects can finally deliver us from the multiplayer cat (IRC) age into the multiplayer notepad age.

Today saw 50+ commits by 10+ committers, which is at least twice the number I've been used too. Maybe I'll get used to it gradually... *grin* Anyway, here's some of the developments happened today:

  • Stevan, nothingmuch & co worked on a test cataloging script, an important technology that will cross-reference the Synopses with the coverage in unit tests. It will let us better visualize the untested/unimplemented parts of Synopses better, hopefully with minimal burden on test writers.
  • malaire tested, implemented, refactored, and simplified the index primitive.
  • Darren Duncan turned Algorithm::Dependency into a Perl 6 module in just a few hours, including the entire test suite. Wow!
  • lightstep, our prolific lambdafolk, cleaned up the source tree and hacked the interactive Shell; now lexical variables is preserved across lines, so we can now do this:

    pugs> my $x = 1
    1
    pugs> $x
    1

  • As more and more people are building Pugs with GHC 6.4, lightstep, theorbtwo and I worked on silencing warnings and fixing dvergin's build failure.
  • mugwump started working on a Kwid spec; ingy moved core kwid documentations into ext/Pugs-Documentation/.
  • scw cleaned up some tests and elaborated on the precedence problem around ?? ::. This leads to...
  • ...I finally checked in the code to parse ?? :: correctly, thanks to scw's analysis and the advice from kosmikus. Here is a short write-up of the approach.
  • Thomas Yeh reported that pugscc was broken on case-sensitive filesystems, because I misspelled MainCC.hs as MainCc.hs. I fixed it, and it now works; we can finally make stand-alone AIX executables from Perl 6 code to deploy into production!
  • I have implemented the true primitive, which is to ? what not is to !. Everyone on #perl6 disliked the operator name; after some discussion on p6l, Larry suggested so, which I happily implemented.
  • I fixed last so it no longer conflicts with return, and simplified the control flow considerably. All hail callCC!
  • gaal checked in many, many TODO tests; nothingmuch cleaned up many of them, and many besides. We have 1659 tests now.
  • ingy makes Pugs installable on systems that did not install Perl5 into a path that contains perl.
  • Pugs was numifying "0xFF" as 255; that was arguably the wrong behaviour. After some discussions with pmichaud, we settled on only numifying digits and the dot, ignoring everything else; that means "1e2f3g4" is now numified as 1, not as 100. Larry has since expressed the DWIMmier view, so that may change tomorrow. :)

So, that's it for today. See you tomorrow!

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.