NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.
All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report
Sunday March 13, 2005
Day 41: 6.0.11 released!
After a very very long day of hacking, 6.0.11 is now upon us. See my announcement
for the full changelog; some of today's changes are:
- Experimental support for pugscc, which compiles Perl 6 code into stand-alone executables.
$?CALLER:: variables in subroutine parameters and defaults are now both evaluated in the caller's scope.
- List associativity now works again.
=<> now reads the first file in
@*ARGS if there is a
@*ARGS; it is a TODO to make it read all files in
Y (and its UTF8 form).
- Source code is now always treated as UTF-8.
- Unicode variable names and subroutines now works, if GHC is compiled with unicode support.
- Some releng and utility scripts under
- And many, many more...
In other news, I talked Alias (of PPI fame) to check in
modules/ as an experiment of free-for-all, in-the-trunk p6ification; see his announcement for details.
pugscc working, I'm seriously considering using the PPI-Yaml-PugsAST chain to make Pugs run Perl 5 code. Stay tuned for that, too...
Stories, comments, journals, and other submissions on use Perl; are Copyright 1998-2006, their respective owners.